Thank you for your interest in employment with the AACAP.
Information Specialist & Systematic Reviewer (Contractor)
The American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry is looking for a Information Specialist & Systematic Reviewer (Contractor) to support us in the development of our clinical practice guidelines by conducting systematic literature searches pertaining to the assessment and treatment of child and adolescent psychiatric disorders and organizing the results of the searches into evidence that can support clinical practice.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in the development of clinical questions pertaining to the assessment and treatment of child and adolescent psychiatric disorders.
- Determine which medical literature databases to use for literature searches pertaining to the clinical questions.
- Conduct systematic literature searches using the protocol developed by the Quality Issues committee.
- Determine the quality of the evidence derived from the literature searches according to Quality Issues protocols.
- Abstract and table data from the literature searches.
- Use the literature search data to transform clinical questions into clinical recommendations that will guide clinical practice.
- Maintain audit trails, including keeping a log of search strategies, terms, and results. Manage external reviews of clinical questions and clinical practice guideline drafts.
- Manage clinical consensus surveys and table survey results.
- Manage AACAP member review of clinical practice guideline drafts.
- Manage stakeholder review of clinical practice guideline drafts.
- After clinical practice guideline publication, continue to search newly published literature and recommend guideline revisions as indicated by new evidence.
- Systematic reviewer will receive credit as an author of AACAP clinical practice guidelines.
- Advanced degree in health, public health, or mental health-related field or library science field
- Previous experience and expertise in the critical review and analysis of the medical literature; preferably in the mental health field
- Ability to work independently and within predetermined deadlines
- Excellent medical writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
AACAP offers great benefits and provides a congenial working atmosphere, good healthcare benefits, and a convenient location in the Cathedral area of Northwest Washington, DC.. Please submit your resume stating desired salary to email@example.com. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
Or mail to:
AACAP, Attn: Human Resources,
3615 Wisconsin Avenue NW,
Washington, DC 20016.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.